I am a qualified and experienced web designer with hand-coding skills as well as experience of industry-standard web design software packages. I also have experience of computer network management and general IT consultation and support, including operating systems, office productivity and multimedia software.
Professional & technical skills
- Website development and management using packages including Dreamweaver, Homesite, TopStyle, XMLSpy.
- Graphic design using packages including Fireworks, Photoshop.
- All-round experience in website management, hosting and domain name registration.
- Experience of building, implementing and training in the use of Content Management Systems.
- Project management skills including the use of project management and mind-mapping software.
- Presentation and staff training skills.
- Highly-develped customer service and teamworking skills.
- Official beta tester for Microsoft Office XP and 2003, and for Philips hardware.
- Music production and digital audio recording & editing using Cubase & Soundforge.
- Experience of corporate branding of Netscape and Internet Explorer browsers.
Training & qualifications
- 1998 - MA Music (with technology)
- 1996 - BA(Hons) Music/Popular Music
- 1992 - A-levels in English (B) and Music (C)
- 1990 - 10 GCSEs in
- English Language (A)
- English Literature (A)
- Welsh Language (A)
- Welsh Literature (A)
- Maths (A)
- History (A)
- Music (A)
- French (B)
- Chemistry (B)
- Biology (C)
- 1995 - News anchor & DJ duties for Royal 945 AM, Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- 1995/6 - Running community music projects including Gog Rock and Sgrechian EP
- 1997 - Sexual health promotion & outreach, MESMAC North Wales
- 1997/8 - Web designer, Bangor University Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual Society
- 2001 - present - Web designer for the National Trust's Quarry Bank Mill
- 2002 - Results operator, XVII Commonwealth Games, Manchester 2002
- 2005 - current: registered user of IT4Communities project
- 2006 - trustee of the Lesbian & Gay Foundation, a board representative on the charity's Performance Management Working Group and a volunteer on their IT Working Group.